Black History Month – Proud to be
Black History Month will be running throughout October and this year the theme is Proud to be. To tie in with the theme, join us and get involved with a storytelling, poetry and spoken word project to celebrate this important month.
We’re looking for pieces which can cover topics including culture, race, history, alliship, community and mental wellbeing. This can range from folk tales to song lyrics to personal stories. There is power in words and we want you to share your creativity with us – we will take entries up until Friday 22nd October. You can also submit works of other artists / authors that ties in with these themes and you find inspiring.
We are holding an online event on Wednesday 27th October from 7pm where we can showcase the pieces, event details HERE. You are welcome to share your pieces or a member of the Changes Bristol team would be happy to read / speak on your behalf.
This is an opportunity for a safe inclusive space to speak freely and without judgement.
To enter, please send a copy of your piece of writing to: email@example.com .
Alternatively, for postal submission please send a copy of your piece of writing with your contact details attached to Changes Bristol, Barton Hill Settlement, 41-43 Ducie Road, Bristol, BS5 0AX.
If you are unable to write your piece down, but able to speak it aloud instead, please do not hesitate to contact our team on 0117 941 1123. We will be more than happy to help you submit your work.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re so excited to read your pieces and for you to be involved!
Additional Submission Guidelines
- The competition is open to anyone aged 18 or over at the time of entering. UK entries only.
- The closing date of the competition is midnight (UK time), 22nd October 2021.
- Each entrant is limited to one entry. All entries will be considered anonymously by the judge(s).
- Entries will not be returned, so please keep a copy.
- Alterations cannot be made to submitted pieces once entered.
- Entries will receive a confirmation of receipt once submitted.
- Pieces can either be the entrant’s original work or the work of another artist / author.