Walk and Talk
Our befriending team have been running a pilot Walk and Talk project which we’re delighted to announce will be opening up for all members In October. This will allow members to have a weekly social, benefit from being in nature and meet new people.
We hold two 1 hour walks every Wednesday from 10am – 11am and 11.30am – 12.30pm around Bristol. Walks are accessible to all mobility levels and there will be staff and volunteers available to walk at different paces. Locations are chosen where we know there are open public facilities, nearby parking and that are accessible by public transport such as St George Park, Brandon Hill Park, Snuff Mills and The Downs.
Once you sign up to Walk and Talk, details of the location, date and time of walks will be emailed in advance. If you are not able to access emails, please let us know and we would be able to arrange a weekly telephone call with an update.
If you’re interested in joining, you can register your interest now by phoning 0117 941 1123 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Walk and Talk guidelines
Things to be mindful of when joining our walks:
- Consider inclusive, non-discriminatory language when talking to staff and other members
- Be considerate when smoking around others
- Give space to others and distance if they request it.
- Please do not take photographs of participants or members of the public.
- Refrain from attending walks under the influence of alcohol and other substances.
- Please keep information shared within the group confidential.
- Be patient with others.