Meet Make Mend Slow Stitches
A very exciting opportunity has come up with Bristol Textile Quarter specially for Changes members and volunteers. It’s called Meet Make Mend Slow Stitch and should be fun and nurturing for whatever level you might be. Participants will be able to connect and learn and share skills, regardless of ability.
If you have never done any kind of sewing before, this might be your time to start! The focus is on mindful slow stitching and how to do this, and how it might support your mental health. It’ll also be an opportunity to chat. It won’t be a formal Changes meeting, but will be for Changes members only, so there will be a similar low level of pressure.
The sessions will include:
- Introduction to Slow Stitching and points of inspiration – Slow Stitching is the practice of hand sewing with intention and thoughtfulness.
- Inviting participants to start a Stitch Journal (mark making with stitches) in which there is no right or wrong and no expectation of ‘high quality’ stitching – this is a chance to be creative and explore.
- A taught element to show mending and stitch techniques.
- Time for participants to work at their own pace, but with the opportunity to chat or ask questions.
- Chance to share what participants have been working on.
Each person will receive a kit in the post with everything you’ll need. All participants will receive a ‘mending kit’ – little kits comprising needles, threads, patches, and good quality technical and inspirational colour images.
There will be 4 workshops that will run for 90 minutes. Here are the dates for the sessions:
Session 1 – Tuesday April 20th, 19.30-21.00
Session 2 – Tuesday April 27th 19.30 – 21.00
Session 3 – Tuesday May 4th 19.30 – 21.00
Session 4 – Tuesday May 11th 19.30 – 21.00
Ideally you’d be able to make all 4 sessions, but if you know you can’t or you find it too tricky one week we’ll understand, just let us know.
We can only have 10 participants so if you’re interested SIGN UP HERE!